A Letter to the Creator of the Universe

Saturday, December 27, 2014


To the Creator of the Universe,

Such a big title everyone gives you, huh? I've always wondered if you like that title. Creator of the Universe. Seems like a big load to carry. Knowing that you created every single star in the sky and know every person in the world by name. I know I couldn't do it. I mean, I'm only human. But you're God. You're the air we breathe. You're the sound of my heart beating in my chest. You're the reason for everything good and perfect and pure in this world. You're the Creator of everything. Even little ol' me. So I think the title suits You well. 

You love me, for me. You don't care about what size jeans I wear, or what I ate for breakfast yesterday, or whether I'm going to college or not. You care about me. You care about my heart and my soul. You care about my wants and needs. You hear my prayers. You created me before I was even born. You knew me before there was time. That's always been the biggest challenge for me the more and more I learn about who You are - being able to wrap my head around such a big concept. That you know everything about me, and that there was time before the Universe. I can't fathom that thought. I suppose it's far ahead of what my mind can comprehend. But I still love knowing it. 

Yet sometimes I forget about You. Life gets busy and I get lazy. I forget to thank You that I'm alive and healthy. I forget to thank You that my car is parked safely in the mall parking lot and not somewhere in a ditch. I forget to thank You that I'm not spending my days in a hospital bed. Sometimes I forget to thank You that I'm unbelievably blessed. And for that I'm ashamed. I know, that's not something You want us to feel - it's something the devil puts in our heads. So maybe, I feel more like a hypocrite. I call you my Creator, yet I forget to thank you for simple things? How does that make me the strong Christian that I say I am? Why do I find myself judging someone who I'm not fond of? Why don't I pray more for the people around me instead of only saying that I will? 

And that's something I know I have to work on, something that you've called me to work on. I'm on this Earth to build up others, to love on others, to show them who You are and what you've done for every single person on the planet. 

I'm getting there. Each and every day I hear You more, I listen more, I study more. I'm realizing your presence more and more. 

And for that I thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)