A Letter To My Future Husband

Thursday, December 18, 2014


A new series of posts that I've begun to work on. Letters to the people who mean the most to me in my life - or in this situation not quite in my life yet. 


To my future husband,

As I was at church Sunday morning, I watched all the young married couples walking hand in hand, with their coffee and Bibles in the other. And I couldn't help but wish that I had what they did. Any moment spent with my parents and sister I treasure, but for once, I wanted to be the one with someone there next to me, holding my hand. It seems selfish, I know. To be at church and to be focused on the young, beautiful couple sitting in front of me instead of listening to what my pastor was saying. But in that moment it was so hard. They were so in love, so infatuated with each other. I couldn't help myself, that in that moment I thought of you. That part of my life that is a mystery - an unknown. 

I've always imagined myself getting married in a white dress outside just as the summer turns into fall, the leaves just beginning to change and the perfect time for pumpkins and mason jars to line the isle of chairs. I've always imagined you at the end of that isle smiling, maybe crying, but smiling. Excited to start our future together. I've always imagined my father giving me away, quietly saying a prayer over the both of us or whispering a blessing of some kind. I've always imagined a pastor at my church up there next to us giving us our vows and then us reading some of our own. I've always imagined one or both of us crying, and wiping each others tears. I've always imagined us praying right until the moment the ceremony is over. I've always imagined who I'd be spending the rest of my life with in that moment. 

Life is crazy and life is unpredictable. That's what makes it so beautiful. So maybe I'll meet you tomorrow, maybe I'll meet you next week, or next year. So for now, I'll continue dreaming, I'll continue writing, I'll continue to be the person God has made me to be until we meet. I'll be praying for you that you're the man that God has called you to be and that your heart is full of God's love through your love for Him. And I'll pray for a steady heart and that I become the woman that God has called me to be for you. 

We'll have trials and we'll have tribulations but I promise to be there. I promise to love you with everything that I have. I promise to lead you closer to God as I hope that you will do the same for me. 

I'm excited to meet you. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)