God Is A Good God

Thursday, October 30, 2014

God is crazy. He is wonderful and beautiful and all consuming. He also provides for us when we need it most. I had a bit of a..setback two weeks ago. I know what you're thinking Why have you waited so long to blog about it? Well, I couldn't tell you. I guess I've just pushed it into the back of my mind, but I finally decided to blog about it. Yippee. I guess.

Another woman and myself were at church when our cars were vandalized. The passenger side of my windshield was shattered, a hole left behind. At first I was stunned, how did this happen? Did I not see it earlier today? No, it was too big. It had to have happened during church. Could the footballs that the boys were throwing have created this big of a shatter? No.

Thankfully, I had one of my closest friends with me when I had found it so my freaking out and crying and screaming wasn't too much of a shock to her. She calmed me down and told me we'd head over to the coffee shop where we were meeting our small group girls and come back later to see what had happened - talking with our girls was where we needed to be.

So we went over there, Char sitting in my passengers seat (I later found out that glass had shattered into the inside of my car! She totally could've gotten a butt full of glass shards! Yikes!) and me still freaking out about what my insurance was and that I had a long shift at work the next morning and that I had to have it fixed ASAP. I was definitely thankful for my White Lightening Frappachino that night.

It wasn't until I came back to the church I found out what had happened. It had happened to another woman and they were outside picking up the pieces of the broken glass on the ground. My car was parked right next to hers earlier in the night.

It was definitely a shock. A flood of emotions hit me - I was scared, angry, distraught, and confused. Why on earth would somebody do this? Especially being at a church. But in all actuality, it doesn't matter where or when something bad can happen at any moment. Isn't that a risk we take every day when we leave the house? I don't know about you but I won't live that way. I'm not going to be scared to do something I love just because I'm scared of what could happen. This totally and completely could have happened at the grocery store, but it just so happened to occur at my church.

I don't blame anyone. I don't feel the need to be angry at them or be bitter. I'm more saddened. To create a shatter that big in a windshield (for goodness sake's!) they must have a lot of anger. I hope and pray that whatever had happened to them that night that they get it resolved. Carrying that burden can't be fun.

So I don't really know why I'm sharing this story. I suppose my main point is that within the next two days my car was fixed and the windshield was better than ever - without me having to spend a dime. And that, my friends, is the grace and power of God. There's no way that would have happened without Him. And I realize now that He was teaching me something I hadn't known before: Grace. I hadn't known who had done it and although I still would like to know, I'm not mad at them. I'm at peace with it all - with their actions, with my actions and the marvelous people that I had standing beside me that night.


A huge thank you to the guys at Action Glass for being so incredible to me and taking such amazing care of my car and the new windshield I got! Seriously if you need any kind of glass repair on your car call them! Very fast, reliable and got me in ASAP. I'll definitely be going back for any repairs I'll need in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)