Saturday Travels

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Now that I have a job that allows me to have off every single weekend, I'm taking full advantage of the opportunity that I haven't had since my Junior Year. Yesterday my family and I took a trip up north. With no destination in mind, we spend the morning and early afternoon traveling. Stopping at little trails, farmers markets, roadside stops on the way and taking in the beauty that is Northern Michigan in the Fall.











Our car ended up taking us to Sleeping Bear Dunes. Now, if you haven't heard of this place was named the "Most Beautiful Place On Earth" on Good Morning America. This was our first time there and it was an absolutely beautiful place and unlike anything I've ever seen before. The dunes went on for miles and up at the top all you could see was water. The whole scene took my breath away. I was astounded by the beauty of the entire place.

The way that we explored Sleeping Bear Dunes was through the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive. It was such an amazing way to see the dunes. And you learn so much about this marvelous place through it. If you're up near Traverse City I recommend visiting this place because it's absolutely breathtaking.




 At each place that you stopped at they had these little numbers that helped you know which one you were at and what you were seeing. 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)