3 Reasons Why I Wear A Purity Ring

Friday, October 17, 2014



I know this has been a touchy subject over the years, many people don't believe in it, while others are all for it. I, for one, am all for it. I love mine. It reminds me of the promise I've made to God, myself and my future husband. 

My parents never told me I needed to have one. I didn't receive mine on my xth birthday, or Christmas. I pursued the search to see what they were all about and what it meant. I loved the meaning behind wearing the ring and the promise it held. I had wanted one for quite a long time, so I finally bought my first one my Senior Year of High School. I love wearing it. I remember one night at my youth group we had a combined small group with freshman girls. As we were talking with them about some of the things they were going through, the five of us who were there all had purity rings showing our promise to God. So I've come up with a couple reasons why I've decided to wear my ring. 

1. It's a constant reminder. Although I'm not currently in a relationship (hint, hint ;) It does remind me of the beautiful future I have with the person I'm waiting for. It also is a reminder that I need to remain pure with my words, my thoughts, and my actions. 

2. It helps me share my testimony. I remember one of the first couple weeks that I had had the ring a girl asked me what it said. Her eyes had widened and asked what that meant. Which then gave me the opportunity to share with her my testimony and why I was choosing to wear my ring. 

3. It reminds me that my heart belongs to God. The person who holds my heart is also the person who will place the right man in my life that I will marry. Simple as that. I'm waiting patiently on God for that right person who will chase after my heart as well as His. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)