Kids Need Youth Group

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I love youth groups. And I firmly believe that leaders, pastors and everyone having anything to do with youth groups have a huge impact on kids and the way they live. So I continue to go. Even though I'm not in High School anymore I went to my church's high school youth group. There's always more to learn and enjoy there. So I stick around and take pictures for the heck of it. But let me tell you, the lighting in the youth building is horrible for my poor camera. Yes, I have a good camera, but it's just too dark for it. So no surprise that the best pictures were the ones I took outside. But hey, what can ya do?

I really, truly believe that kids need youth group. It's a place for them to feel safe, and free of any kind of judgement. I have met some of the greatest people at my youth group, heck I'm still going. It was a place for me to get away from the messiness of my own life and to just be with amazing people who all were there for the same reason: to glorify God. I've had amazing youth leaders who have shaped me into being the best person I can be. They've loved on me, supported me with everything, and have given me a shoulder to cry on when I needed it. God definitely brings you to places and to people exactly when you need to be led. And I'm incredibly thankful for that. I was in a bad place before starting youth group. I didn't know one Bible verse. I only wanted to go to church on certain holidays. I didn't truly know who God was. I had no purpose. And now, I know at least a couple Bible verses(I'm getting there!), attend church on a weekly basis, I know God and I'm chasing after His heart. I have a purpose. Sure, I don't know what it is yet, but I'm enjoying the time I have to figure that out.

Going to youth group changed my life. I've talked to so many people whose life changed the same way. Kids need youth group. Period.

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)