Belated Birthday Post

Thursday, September 25, 2014



This was my first birthday not in school. It was also my eighteenth. And it was the weirdest.

It felt weird to be at home and not hearing "Happy Birthday" all day long. It was weird not getting any balloons or any kind of surprises. It was dull and something I may not remember.

But, I had six days off. Six days off that I spent with my family and friends and that was more than enough. I spent a whole afternoon with my dad to pick out a new phone as an early birthday present. I spent an entire evening making my best friend her birthday present. I slept in, I stayed up late. I thought about everything. I did laundry. I baked. I cleaned. I watched movies. I did everything that I haven't been able to do since I've been out of school. And it was so freeing. I had no worries and I could do whatever I want, whenever I wanted. I also started my new job. And I fell in love with it. I get to wear tennis shoes, and yoga pants, and work with wonderful kids.

We were also able to visit Holland on my birthday to go to my favorite place in the whole world, Fricanos. It's crazy good and one of the coolest places around. Plus the city is one of my absolute favorites so being there was fabulous. I also tried OrangeLeaf for the first time and it was incredible. 

So, yes, it was a really great birthday. I was able to spend it with people I absolutely love and adore. It was a rough start, but it ended up turning out a ok. 18 is feeling pretty darn cool.








Scarf: Five Below
Cardigan: Meijer
Jeans: DEB Shops
Shoes: DEB Shops





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)